Apr 20, 2011

What i felt for the past 2 months (Chapter 5)



After all the party, of course, I would have to fall sick once or twice or thrice. It’s a normal procedure for me to have fever when I’m overseas. I don’t know why, but it will hit me once, twice or thrice. It hit me once, when I was sleeping in gaurav’s room, but guess he was busy so he never notice I was weak on the bed until I told him I having fever. I went back to Baghel’s room after that and have asked him to bring me to the dispensary. So my first visit to the dispensary was with Ashesh and Baghel. Pitoshe babu actually asked me to take his medical record card, and I guess I looked different from him, so I didn’t take it. After consulting the doctor, I went back room to rest after having the medicine. One thing good about falling sick in India is that, the medicine there is SUPER STRONG, Just one time prescription and you will recovered.

I still remember last year, how I got overdosed with the medication. Because in Singapore, all the pills were taken two at a time but in India one pill is taken at a time because it’s so strong. I didn’t know, I had two pills a time in India, and I was overdosed.

Second time I was sick was in Keshav’s room. Waking up feeling nauseous, I went to the toilet to vomit, but nothing came out, so I use my finger to drag everything out. The Maggie I had the night before wasn’t digested but was stuck in between causing the nauseous, in addition I was having loose motion and fever. Visiting to the gents so many times, making me feeling all weak until I have no choice but to squat outside the stairs. Baghel saw me and ask me:

Baghel: “Kya hua moti?”
Suraj: “Fever and loose motion, feeling very weak.”
Baghel: “let’s go dispensary?”
Suraj: “I’m feeling weak and I’m having loose motion.”
Baghel: “Where’s Keshav?”
Suraj: “He’s sleeping, I don’t wish to wake him up.”

Seshadri came.

Seshadri: “What happen?”
Baghel: “Fever and loose motion.”
Seshadri: “I had some medicine, you want?”
Suraj: “Naa, I had taken my previous medication but the fever still here.”
Baghel: “Get a bike? We send him to the dispensary?”
Seshadri: “Let me call and see if I can get the bike?”

Both of them went to Keshav’s room, and keshav was woken up by Seshadri and they was looking for the bike and after around 15 minutes of searching, they found 2 bikes. Keshav send me to the dispensary with the bike, Nikil, Seshadri and Baghel came with another bike.

When we reached Dispensary, no doctors was there, so we was called to go to the north guest house where the doctor is there. Again from Dispensary, we went to north guest house and started knocking on the doctor’s room. The doctor came out and said that we disturb his sleep or something like that, why can’t we wait till he get to dispensary?

Keshav: “Sir, it’s urgent na?”
Doc: “Who?”
Keshav: “Sir he having loose motion and Fever.”

The doctor came out with a refer book and open a refer slip for me. I was referred to CWS.

Doc: “What’s your name?”
Suraj: “Keshav Prasad Singh sir.”
Doc: “From? (In Hindi)”
Keshav: “Sir, he doesn’t understand Hindi sir, he’s from Singapore (In Hindi)”
Doc: “Oh Singapore, why Singapore student doing here? (In Hindi)”
Nikhil: “Sir, India is good in Engineering Sir.”
Doc: “Yes, definitely.”

And this goes on and on with the doctor complimenting on how good India is and I was sitting there feeling all weak and Finally when the doctor finish writing the slip, we went straight to CWS to get myself admitted under the name of ‘Keshav Prasad Singh’.

I got saline in CWS and it was a new experience because it’s not like what I had in Singapore or China. Instead of injecting the medicine into the saline, they injected directly to your hand every time, in short, it’s so painful. Every time they inject it, the feeling is like rubbing salt on bleeding wound. The force being use, it’s just so strong that I have to bear in pain. I still remember what happen.

Sister inject the medicine into my hand, I hold the blanket with my hand pulling it up because it’s so pain. It was so pain that I don’t know I was talking inside my heart or outside my mouth and I said:

Suraj: “Fuck!”

Sister asked Keshav in Hindi

Sister: “Is he crying out to his mother?”
Suraj: “Sala!”

And I was admitted to CWS for 3 days. Before I got discharge, Keshav asked the doctor for Medical Leave, as I was using his name, so if I got medical leave, he will be on medical leave too.

Keshav: “Mdm, give ek week leave mdm.”
Doctor: “EK WEEK!”
Keshav: “3 to 4 days mdm.”
Doctor: “I will ask him how many days he need.”

Doctor turns to me

Doctor: “How many days you need?”

Keshav was pointing 3 fingers to me

Doctor: “Tell me in Hindi and I will give it to you.”

Suraj: “Teen days mdm.”

Doctor: “hahaha, teen days.” (Doctor find it incredible that I can speak hindi she stroke my hair like a mother and gave me the medical leave)

So, I’m finally discharged from CWS and went back to the hostel room to rest for the next 3 days.

2 comments:

edward said...

hahaha i can totally imagine keshav face when he point the 3!!!
and stupid junior, guess he still the same huh

Suraj Singh said...

hahahah :D

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Powerade Coupons