Aug 10, 2011

He is my Brother: Keshav Singh



Never in my life, i would ever think that I would actually get a good brother, a brother that know me inside out and outside in, a brother that is so close to me than my blood brother, his named: Keshav Singh.

The first time I see him, I remember it was like during the immersion programme in the hall itself, he was sitting at the corner of the hall, if memory never fail me, he was sitting 7th row from the front 4th seat from the right. I notice him when I came into the hall, because he is so fair, to us Indian shouldn't look like him, but he is there, we just have to believe he's a Indian and not a malay or even Chinese. I was not close with him, i didn't get to sit at the same table to eat with him, i didn't get to talk to him much, i didn't get to even intro myself to him, i didn't. But how did we even become brothers?

After the Immersion Programme, everything felt in love with me, the culture, the language, the food, the country, or to say I felt in love with everything which makes me decided to come back a second time during feb to enjoy myself, with them, more freedom at least. So without thinking anything, just by listening to my heart, I fly to India alone, went up the flight with a heavy heart and landed on Kolkata, first trip alone, first planning, and first close brother I got myself.

When I was back in Singapore, I don't know why, but it seems i talked to him the most about everything and anything. We make fun of each other, web cam, chat till late night, tag each other in the food we take, i was comfortable with him.

When I went back to NITRKL, i stayed in his room, and i felt good waking up in the morning seeing my brother lying there with me, i felt so secured, i felt so loved, I got a brother there for me.

I still remember I felt sick, he woke up and send me to the hospital. I was hospitalise for 3 days, he stay and sleep in the hospital taking care of me, he buy juice for me, asking me what I want to eat, do I need anything and everything, he asked, never once in my life, someone actually take care of me like he do except for my mother, not even my blood-related brother. He went so far to get the medicine for me, he went to get the pipe for me when my blood clot is form inside the pipe.

I was little disappointed, when I gave a treat and he didn't want to come, but later on I found out he was sick, but he didn't tell me, i mean i'm his chotu, i have my responsibility to take care of him too.

There's a chinese custom that says: The elder in the family must let the younger one in the family in everything. And bhai, he did it, instead of letting me sleep on the floor, he gave out his bed and slept on the floor, never once he complain, never.

and slowly, i felt so comfortable with him, he's part of my family, my brother, my best brother. Never once, i take him as a god brother. I always take him as my blood-related brother. I love him, i'm his chotu forever, I know that. Now, as he graduated from NITRKL, and working in Hyderbad, i'm happy for him and sad for myself, i mean he's in Hyderbad, and i'm in Singapore and even I goes back India, I never will get a chance to visit hyderbad, how am i going to visit him? How am I going to meet him? I miss him alot, and god knows when we will meet. Looking at his photos, I miss him even more, but I'm glad he is doing well.

I just hope he has take me as his chotu, i really like to be part of his family, having his maa and bapa treat me like their own son. I really do.

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Powerade Coupons