Apr 18, 2011

What i felt for the past 2 months (Chapter 1)

Sitting in the plane now, going to arrive in Malaysia in about a few hours time. This time spend on the plane let me ponder on my thoughts. I’ve been thinking all this while what I have been doing in India for the past 2 months, why would time pass so quickly like it was yesterday that I arrive in that beautiful land?

I still remember that day I left Singapore’s Terminal 1 Airport and arrive in Kolkata, picked up by Saket Kumar in the airport with the placard stating: “Suraj Singh, Singapore”. We boarded the Taxi and headed to his house where he stayed with 4 awesome friends. We headed out to have our dinner that day, I still remember clearly that I had chow mien with paneer, even though it’s not that good like what I had in Jam but still I’m eating in INDIA. That first day, I couldn’t imagine I step foot back into India.

Second day in India, I had an afternoon train booked, if memories never fail me, the timing of the train was 1400pm at Howrah station. I hop onto the taxi with Saket Kumar and reached the train station. He went to check out the platform and there I was boarding the train after. I still remember that he had something on, so he left early, but I was okay with it, so there I was, sitting in 3A cabin all alone, anticipating on the journey to Rourkela, my home. I switched on my iphone, logged on into facebook, uploaded some peek photo shot I took and updated my status of coming to Rourkela before I settle myself down in the cabin. It was my first time taking the train all alone. I felt scared, I swear. I didn’t know when and how should I alight from the train, but thinking that this is my home, it calms me down a little. I told myself: “Suraj Singh, if you are a real Indian, you shouldn’t be afraid, All is well.”

Soon, the train left and I was on the journey to Rourkela.

One by one, I see people boarding the train, there were beggers, and worst, some sick beggers came into my cabin asking for money thinking I’m some rich businessman. I refused to pay, and guess what? He show me his kidney, it was hanging in a transparent plastic bag. I saw that, I swear, it was the most unpleasant thing on earth. Come on, who would want to see someone’s kidney hanging out of their body? Guess this is the sad part of India.

“Nahi, ja, ja, ja.” Came out of my mouth.

The train took 6.5 hours to reach the destination, before I reach India, gaurav called me asking where I was? I know he was going to pick me up. I told him I was going to reach in Half an hour time and which cabin I was in. Before I reach Rourkela station, I’m already near the alighting door waiting to alight. I can’t wait to get off that train. Finally, the train came to a stop, and me looking out of the door from afar, looking for that familiar faces and within seconds, I saw, I saw them, all standing there smiling to me, all 5 of them, Nikhil, Gaurav, Mukul, Keshav and Satyendra. I hugged all of them, the hug was nice, it was what I needed.

Suraj: “You still smell nice chotu.”
Gaurav: “hehe.”

Suraj: “You know what?”
Gaurav: “What?”
Suraj: “It feels great to be back home.”
Gaurav: “Yea.”

This conversation was made during the first day I arrive in Rourkela, when Gaurav came with the bike and fetch me back to Hostel. I still remember it vividly, it’s like I made this comments just yesterday, it’s like I just reach Rourkela yesterday.

I went to Jam on the very first day I arrive in Rourkela.

Jam’s boss, as usual, looks the same, was surprise I came back though.

Jam’s boss: “Hey!”
Suraj: “Hey.”
Jam’s boss: “You came back.”
Suraj: “Yup.”
Jam’s boss: “So? Garlic Paneer? And chow mien?”
Suraj: “Thik hai.”

I gave the boss a smile, a smile which I myself would never forget.

Writing till this moment, my tears are forming inside my eyes, I feel like crying again.

Gaurav: “Gary, don’t cry, please, Don’t cry, you are my bada bhai, you must be strong to take care of chotu, please don’t cry, please.”

Suraj: “I know, but I can’t control myself, I miss you, I miss everyone chotu, I don’t want to go back Singapore.”

Both of us were crying so hard, we could barely hear each other.

This was the conversation made last night when I’m in Kolkata.

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Powerade Coupons