Oct 23, 2012

What will happen now in my life?


I always said time is flying fast, how fast did it really fly? Have you ever wondered why and how? Who set the rules of time, how did they end up clockwise?

 This is the 3rd year I have been to India, 5th time to be exact. Three years can happen a lot of things, Air india express no longer fly directly from Singapore to Kolkata, so is Air India, night train that was banned 1 year ago has started operating, and what’s worst? Aviation minister just announce that Kingfisher is no longer flying.

So what will happen after 2 years from now?

*A tap on my shoulder*

“Hi, Mr Mo, you have ordered Veg meal right?” asked the steward, a tall guy with a nice smile, name: Kyle from Jetairways

“Yes, please.” I opened my eyes and answer him, and at the same time realizing I did order it when I booked my ticket online and I was like Thank god, I’m so hungry.

So currently on the flight JW 0616 flying from Kolkata to Mumbai, yes Mumbai! The dream city that I want to work in and settle in, have kids, marry, buy a house, then a car, and live happily ever after. But I’m just passing by Mumbai as my flight is connecting from Mumbai to Singapore, like I said: Air India express no longer operate directly flight from Singapore.

I love flying, simply because I don’t get mind block on flight, probably because I’m flying high up above and the adrenaline somehow reacted faster than I can imagine, and cause no blockage. Alright, that’s lame. But to think it back again, it actually makes me reflect on my life, what I have been doing for the past few months?

Working as a part timer in a boutique department store, writing a book, handling an India project, so what do I want in my life?

I know this time going back to Singapore; the main priority is to fulfill the duty as Singapore man, to serve the country, to protect our people, which also mean that, I lost two years of my youth, alright, not youth, maybe senior, counting my age, I must be old to enter the army now at the age of 22.

I’m actually kind of encouraged by all my brothers in India to join the army, reason being, even thy want to join their army; they may not qualify for it. India, with a population of more than 1 billion, how can thy government expect to make it mandatory? So thinking from the bright side, it’s an honor isn’t it?

But coming back to think again, what will I do with this 2 years? Or after this 2 years? Continue to study? Or getting into a job and work my life off? I know what I want; I want to open a restaurant maybe in India maybe in whatever place I feel obligated to, I want to publish a book (which currently I’m working on), I want to engage with project that helps orphanages in India, get approach by ‘Find me a Singaporean’ to film on my project in India and many more, how many is really realistic for me to do it?

2 years of training in army, will I be able to handle it? Will I slim down? Will I grow out of it? Will I die from it?

“After army, you are going to work right son?”

This sentence has been revolving around my thoughts for the past few weeks, and yes, my maa had said it? After a major operation on her spine, she has been recuperating at home, and you know how it is, normally when you rest for such long time, you will feel that you don’t wish to start your work anymore, you just wanna retired, and for my maa, she should be a housewife long ago, and not work at this age to support me and my brother, I want her to retire too, but will I be able to get a job to feed my family? Will I be able to handle it comes into the question again. Will I be able to really let my maa have good life after?

If, I said If, if I’m able to do it, have a good job, earn lots of money, then how about my studies? Stopping at diploma? I don’t want to be that old man, getting his degree at a age of 90, I want to enjoy my hostel life, I want to study, get a degree, and of course get married! I’m not young anymore; seriously, who the hell does not get marry at the age of 22? In India, I should have 2 kids by now.

So, project coordinator for 2014 India Immersion Programme in NITRKL?

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Powerade Coupons